CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anthony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 12:32:38 -0600
I agree totally with Andrej, that you are a racist.     And never is
racism nastier,  than when it becomes self assured of it's "moral"
authority.

If it was just a case of disagreement with Andrej abou Serb nationalism,
or the War,  I would not say the above.     But you constantly
personalize your disagreements, with more than just the usual angry
perjoratives.     It is always to imply that Andrej is some sort of
slime.      Lickspittle seems to be your favorite method of implying
that Andrej is some sort of sub-human.

If you were to do this sort of name caling with Blacks or Hispanics, or
Asians or Gays, you would have received a barrage of email reprimanding
you in no polite terms.     Instead, due to the newness of anti-Serb
racism in the US, you have received little discouragement.      I feel
that this reflects badly on the CHOMSKY LIST.

We are not talking about your right to disagree.      We are talking
about your style of venom.      It would be offensive, but still
non-racist,  to call your opponents Morons or even Assholes,etc......
But you seem to be very adept at pushing in the element of racial hatred
into the conversation.

I would hope that all on the LIST would take a stand of NON-TOLERANCE
for personalzed hatred along racial lines.