CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

"Issodhos @aol.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:45:20 EDT
Jonothan opines:
> We would
>  all be better off without them, and, if we had any sense, we'd amend our
>  constitution to take guns away from people.

     Do you think altering the Bill of RIghts in this manner could be done
without resulting in armed insurrection (regardless of its probable futility)
or massive disobedience?  And what punishment would you recommend for these
newly created criminals?  And is this possible mass disobedience a good
reason to first require that the people "simply be reasonable" and register
their firearms?:-)
Yours,
Issodhos