CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

"Jonathan A. Reich 815-756-9451" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 20:53:45 CDT
F. Leon Wilson writes:
> What is wrong with owning an unlimited numbers of guns?
>Why limit the number of guns a person can own?

        Leon:  your first question is absurd on its face.  The 2nd
question is a good one, and the answer is: because there isn't any good
reason for people to own guns.  They have done great evil in societies
around the world.  They cause great suffering in this country.  We would
all be better off without them, and, if we had any sense, we'd amend our
constitution to take guns away from people.

        But since you're obviously trolling for a fight, go ahead and
unload.

        -J-