C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Anee Stanford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:13:55 EDT
Hi-

In responce to the question posted on the list about starting a
non-proffit... I have looked into it recently becasue I wanted to turn CPIC
into a non-profit.  While the process is simple it is relitivly
expensive...over $600...when you inclde both the fee to the govenment and the
cost of paying a laywer to prapare the documents for incorporation.    The
process is 1) you go to a layer and incorperate as a non-profit...there is
paper work which must be prapared by you and the layer and filled out. 2) you
have to obtain a tax exemt number from the IRS (ask the lawyer how to do
this)  3) then you pay the govenment's fee for becoming a non-profit
orginization and of course pay the lawyer for her/his services and there you
go.

 My friend who started and runs Technolgy and Inclusion in Austin Texas said
that it cost her over $600 when she added up what she paied her lawyer for
his services and the fee she had to pay the government.

I do not have this kind of money so of couse I can not make CPIC a non-profit
as I would very much like to.  I don't understand why it should take so much
money to become a non-profit orginization.  Oh well...maby one day I will be
able to make it happen.

Yours,

Anee Stanford
Wedbmaster of CPIC
http://www.geocities.com/aneecp/CPIC.html

In a message dated 10/12/1999 5:08:00 PM Central Daylight Time,