C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dina Dror <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 12:13:28 EDT
Hi,

I am very sorry to hear of your brother losing four of his friends.  I must
say it sounds pretty unusual to me that this is happening.  I, too, lost a
friend with CP recently.  He was 35. He was dealing with a lot of medical
issues and was very depressed on top of it all.  I wonder if these friends
were dealing with breathing problems or if they were very severely affected
by their CP or other issues that affected them in such a way.  This is NOT a
normal situation when dealing with CP.  Most of us live a  normal life span.

If your brother is getting depressed from all of these losses, I suggest that
he go for counseling to deal with the grief which is a very normal thing in
this situation.  I, too, would be very depressed if this happened to me.

Dina