BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Devonshire <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Astral Rendered Bee Wax -TM"
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 06:56:44 EDT
In a message dated 4/10/00 7:30:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< I just think my parting strips have gotten thin over the years as the
 windows rattle back and forth.  Now why do the wiggle from side to
 side, and can I get fatter parting strips?  Ruth

Ruth-

While the strips may have worn some, the placement of the sash stops
(moldings on the inner face of the lower sash, and outer face of uper sash),
interior and exterior, may have been altered, allowing the sash to move
in/out. You may need only to adjust the sash stop positions in or out a
little bit.

I would suggest leaving only a prime coat on the outer edges of the sash
stiles, to avoid paint build-up which could cause binding of your sash.

Twybil