BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 10:28:46 EST
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< "Well there was this time I was working with a radial arm saw..." >>

If you have ever been in an Amish cabinet shop, (all jack shafts and pulleys
etc.) you have to wonder how many Amish craftsmen end up whole at the end of
the days. I'll bet the number is pretty small. I used to buy cabinet doors
from Noah (pronounced No E) Miller, who at age 50 had lost 2 fingers to the
jointer and two more to the table saw. I once asked him if he ever thought of
retiring. "Not until I run out of fingers" he replied.