AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marti Goddard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:50:15 -0700
Hello, all -

Sarah Hamrick, Director of Information Services at Gallaudet University
Library, sent me infomation today about a new Smithsonian exhibit on the
Disability Rights Movement. I'm fascinated by the kiosk technology that has
been designed to make the exhibit accessible, and I'm impressed by the
information in this website. Didn't check it out with a screen reader, but
it appears that the designers have worked hard to make it accessible.

From Sarah-
>This morning's Washington) Post has a great review of a new exhibit on the
Disability Rights >Movement at the Smithsonian Museum of American History
that runs through next July.

>The URL for the exhibit is http://americanhistory.si.edu/disabilityrights/.
>The Post piece is at
http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A40446-2000Jul13.html.