AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Akosua Darkwah <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 11:57:25 -0600
My sentiments exactly Mensah.  Can we move on please.  Nigeria
this, Aggo that, enough already!

-akosua-

With all due respect to the elders, I implore us to move on. Apologies have
been offered and accepted for disdainful remarks.

Should Aggo be made to apologize for a BBC commentary he posted on the net?
sure, if his INTENT was to villify NIGERIA. Do we know that for sure? He has
been accused of subjective selection. Do we know that? Can anyone prove
this?

This hashing and rehashing of this subject couched in symbolism or stated
rather blatantly is not helping the healing process.

Lessons in free speech with a taint of sensitivity have been learnt. I hope
we will resolve to see ourselves more as Africans besides our rich and proud
nationalities.

Thanks.
mensah.