AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Akosua Darkwah <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:31:41 -0600
I have learned since sending out my first message that a local effort has
been underway to provide support for the flood victims.  This local group
has diccovered an agency through which aid can be chanelled and for which
we can be guaranteed that a 100% of the money we send will go towards
alleviating the problem for which we sent the money.  The bureaucratic
structure in the agencies I first mentioned will not allow for a full
funneling of our resources to the cause for which we sent it.  Being that
we all want us much money as possible to get to our brothers and sisters,
I STRONGLY encourage everyone to channel their donations through our local
Behany Methodist Church where the pastor promises to send the money to a
Methodist church in Mozambique for them to use as needed.  Send your
checks to Bethany Methodist Church, indicate that you want the money to go
towards the flood relief effort by writing Mozambique in the memo and mail
the check to either:

Bethany Methodist Church,
3910 Mineral Point Road,
Madison, WI 53705