Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Stephen Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 1999 10:03:54 -0500
  Well, the (expletive deleted) memory leak has reared it's ugly head,
which hung up the system.... Had to hit the reset button (C-A-D didn't
work) and I managed to mess up the registry.  Once previously, my
system resources went down 0%, which froze up the system, but was able
to re-boot properly after waiting a while.  This time, I couldn't do anything.

  I was doing lots of browsing (Netscape Communicator 4.51), lots of editing
with Notepad+, Emailing, in other words, opening and closing lots of windows
when the system froze.  I've got an older system (2 years), Pentium 133 Mhz,
32 meg RAM, 2.5 gig HD (with about 1.5 gig unused), Intel 430VX chipset & mobo.
I'm running Win95B (4.00.950 B)- OSR2 installed.  Been thinking of upgrading.

  Now to the real problem... I screwed up the registry. Rebooted several times
(regular, safe-mode, and to Dos). First re-boot gave me "A fatal exception 0E has
occurred at 0028:C0036715 in VXD VCACHE (01) + 0000007D"

  After running Scandisk several times, I was finally able to bring up the system
normally again (or so I thought), but running Quick View Plus on one file caused
the screen to go blank and it rebooted.  Also, my McAfee virus definition files
are corrupted.  Who knows what else has happened.

  I last copied the 2 registry files about 2 months ago.  I know, I know... should
do it more often.  Since I have a good registry backup, although it's 2 months old,
Can I use that?  What would happen if I did?  I'll probably have to re-install a
couple pieces of software (McAfee Anti-Virus 4 & Juno Email) that I loaded since
then, but that's not a big deal.

  Should I run RegClean? or just re-copy the older registry files?

Thanks,

Steve Snyder
Reston, VA
[log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html