Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 00:52:37 +0200
From:
Max Timchenko <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Sender:
Hello Mark,

>   ...is to use Partition Magic 4.0s Boot Manager program.
MR> This program will allow you to pick the OS you wish to Boot to at post.
MR> It will then adjust the partitions to reflect that OS as being on the C or
MR> boot able partition.

PM4-BM does not adjust partition information. It simply hides unused partition(s).

MR> Another approach would be to use System Commander to manage your multiple
MR> boots. System commander moves system files around to boot you into the OS
MR> of choice ....it does not use a hide partition approach.

Alas, it does. You can choose either method. I think older version didn't.

MR> The hide partition approach is theoretically the best way to go ....until
MR> there is a problem at which time you will have a big mess on your hands.
MR> However both programs do their jobs very well and if you don't screw
MR> something up you should have a stable ....all be it complex and problematic
MR> setup.

It is not complex after it's all set up and working. In worst case, all
partitions but the active or first will be gone, but you will always!
have at least one working partition. Just make sure you've got a boot
and a program's rescue routines/files/data handy.

>>Hi. I'm having a problem here. I want two installations of WIN98 in my
>>computer -- see on the bottom why. But this is a problem, because "(...) and
>>Windows likes to be installed on C: (...)". Is there a way to install two
>>_entirely_ separated installations of WIN98? Today I was thinking about it,
>>and remembered that sometime ago I heard something about hiding partitions.
>>Anybody went through this problem once?
>>
>>         Sami Garzon :)

+=-.
| Max Timchenko [MaxVT]