Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Peter Brosnan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 20:25:26 -0400
At 05:15 PM 9/19/99 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have just tried to install a new HD. My attempts have failed, Windows
>refuses to acknoledge the new HD.
>It seems however that after much fiddling with FDisk and formating that I
>have now lost the contents of one of the (compressed) partitions of my
>original HD, although how I manged that I have no idea as I was careful to
>ensure I only used FDisk on the 2nd drive and only formatted the F: drive
>which is the letter asigned to the new drive.
>
>Does anyone know how I can recover my E: ?
>And also does anyone know how I can get this new HD to work ?

Kevin,

I had an almost identical experience three years ago with Western Digital
drives.
Drove me crazy for a week trying to make the new drive the slave. I finally
decided that rather than take a sledgehammer to the whole thing, I'd make
the new drive the master and the original drive the slave. Worked like a
charm. Good luck with your problem

Peter Brosnan

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html