Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 00:40:42 +1000
Ben Moore wrote:

> Greeting,
>
> I'm in the middle of my first real hardware  problem and don't have a clue
> where to go from here.  I have a PIII 450 192MB RAM on an Abit BX6-2.
> Suddenly today it started acting screwy.  I got a couple of blue screens
> with vxd errors.  I shut down it down and it wouldn't reboot. It posts and
> gets to "verifying dmi pool - update success" and then just stops.

Please check the RAM. Sounds like a memory issue, possible a bad RAM.

With Abit 6bx-2, I found a problem with SDRAM config, that is, only 2 sdram can
be taken, Abit included this on the manual, at SDRAM config section. I have sent
emails to Abit to conform this problem since I feel this is waste of space to
place 4 DIMMs on mobo but only 2 can be used. First they told me that it is not
possible, after I pointed the place on the manual and explained what will happen
if I put more than 2 SDRAM chip, they never reply to me again.

Jun Qian