Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jan Lambert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:58:37 -0700
In
on 07/26/99
   at 07:56 AM, Brad Boutwell <[log in to unmask]> said:

>I just got a 21" monitor with BNC inputs and have received advice
>telling me I should use a BNC cable with it for optimum
>performance.  I don't quite understand how using a cable that
>goes from a standard 15-pin DSUB (vga) connector on my video card
>(Matrox G400 MAX) to the BNC connectors on the monitor could
>INCREASE the quality.   If it is still going through the DSUB at
>the card, how can coming out the BNC connecters improve the
>quality?

It's not the BNCs, it's the CABLE. Generic video cables
(DB15-DB15) do not use coax cabling. If you get reasonably good
ones, you might get twisted pair. The BNC equipped cables are be
made with 75 or 50 ohm coaxial cable. This will give a cleaner
signal, which improves line edges and sharp intensity transitions.
The low grade cables work just fine at 50 MHz, which gives
1024x768, 60 Hz refresh. Above that coax is better.

jan lambert

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html