Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sami Al_mohssen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 00:59:21 +0300
personal opinon on Video cards: when it comes to 2D, there all preaty
close. but when it comes to 3D TNT2 & v3 are your best bet. although the
V3 does lack some of the new features like 32-bit rendering and
AGP-texturing. it does hoever performes betterthan the TNT2 in many games
(especially the NON direct3D games like openGL). games on my TNT card dont
look noticably better then my brothers VooDOO3 2000. these extra features
on the tnt2 card are just not important yet. 32bit rendered game does not
look noticbly better than the 16bit version and is about 25%-30% slower.
AGP texturing is not used by games now because of the large
local(onboard)ram.

my personal favorate card is the Voodoo3 2000 card (that can be easly
overclocked to 170mhz with some utilities). and at $85 its a lot better
than many TNT2 cards out there that are far more expensive. maney people
tend to consider the V3 as a stupid card because of some features that it
lack. but these features are just not that important yet and because they
are thinkinhg that 3DFX might be the next Intel (as in Evil).

bottomline: V3 2000 if not then a 16MB tnt2 (i've seen a Viper770 for
about $90). i'm sorry but savage4 is not that powerfull and not much
cheaper than tnt2 or v3. the g400 and g400max are good but are too
expensive and not as powerfull as TNT2 or V3 (check anandtech or any
review site for benchmarks)

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html