Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Russell Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 20:07:24 -0500
Joel Vandroogenbroeck wrote:

> Has anyone experienced any problems with the new version of Windows98SE
upgrade CD?

    Works just fine for me on a number of machines doing a clean install.
There are always going to be proprietary machines that will need driver
tweaking after installing Win9X (usually for their video and modem
cards)...you just need to be aware of this and work through it. Compaq
Presarios and IBM Aptivas are notorious for this (they want to convince
you to use their crappy recovery CDs). I used to think IBM was the world's
worst for having a zillion drivers...now it's not even close...Compaq's
website is a house of horrors for drivers and doesn't even list drivers
for some models of Presarios. To be fair all of the first line companies
make mistakes...I looked for a download today and Dell had a bad network
card driver for a specific Latitude model...fortunately I found one that
worked from 3Com.

Later,

Russell Smith
Region 14 ESC Abilene, Texas