Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 00:32:50 +1000
I've seen this problem many times. Two things to check with if your friend
knows how to install win98:
1) Check the RAM. make sure no mix of diffrent type of RAMs. also be sure the
RAM is good.
2) Try another mobo.
3) if above don't work, check the harddisk.

From my exp, this problem is 99% mobo related (almost all I've been deal with
are bad mobo, however I've seen mix/bad RAM causes this).

Hope this help.

J Qian

Edna Sloan wrote:

> I have a friend who bought a computer which came with W98 and an OEM CD,
> full version, of the program.  He has another computer that he wanted to
> install 98 on, with a clean HD, F-disked and formatted with the 98 boot up
> disk.  After the program installs and then goes to reboot it hangs(no error
> messages, just won't boot).  He has tried to install it several times with
> the same result.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html