Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 01:00:55 GMT
Where I work we have over 1000 Compaq DP2000 (Deathpro if you ask me) 166
machines (we call them 166 classics).  Because most of them came with
Bigfoot drives that where notorious for failure, we made the decision to
replace all of them with other drives.  Seagate, Maxtor, Quantum, and IBM
drives worked great.  About half of the Western Digital drives we tried to
install had your exact problem.  We tried everything in the book (including
prayer, rythmic chants, et al), and the final solution was to go with a
different type of drive.  I don't think it was the drive itself, or the
machine itself, but a weird combination of both just not liking each other.

I know that isn't much comfort, but my advice is to sell or trade the drive
for another manufacture type of drive.

Good luck!!
Kyle Elmblade