C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Elaine Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 07:52:40 EST
Ahh Steve, you always have the inclination, however, by the time nighttime
comes around, the only thing you want is sleep.

It isn't as bad now that the kids are in school full time, but, even now, it
gets tiring.  I'm picking up 2 kids who weigh 40 lbs each numerous times
during the day.  Finally, Briana can bear some of her own weight, but Alex
will collapse on me, and if Bri is tired, she's not much help either.

Usually, you get the inclination during the day when kids are at school, but
then again, hubby is at work.

 When the kids were younger, forget it, they were home full-time, and I was
spending my day trying to keep them entertained.  I'm lucky now, I don't work
anymore, but, when they were younger, I worked nights in a bar, and believe
me, after getting home at 3:00 am, and getting back up at 6:30 when they got
up, the last thing I wanted to do on my night off was have sex.

No, sex isn't like running a marathon, but, at times, taking care of disabled
children is.

Elaine