BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
"BP - Dwell time 5 minutes." <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Dec 1998 11:41:58 EST
In a message dated 12/1/98 10:45:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> By the way, what is the appropriate dress and footwear when endeavoring in
an
>  apple restoration/waterproofing project?

Work boots, laced. Work pants, green or brown, full length. No shorts. Shirts
with sleeves. No sneakers. Headgear, though issued to everyone, depends on the
project.

Apples need only be restored following digestion.

In some way-gone historic quirk NYC got named the Big Apple. Some guy named
Gus, a long gone waterproofer, told us one day that it was his idea. Gus was
something of a loud mouthed salesman, though we did not buy anything from him.
I've heard the phrase was coined by jazz musicians coming to NYC to play gigs,
from sensible places like the Carolinas and Georgia. So, the reference of
Apple Restoration is to fixing up the Big apple.

There is an Apple Waterproofing & Restoration, as well as a Big Apple
Restoration, and a Big Apple Demolition. We often get confused with these
other companies in odd ways. Our oldest credit account with a hardware store
claimed we were not paying our bills, it turned out to be another Apple.

We also get calls to fix broken personal computers.

][<en