Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 04:16:34 +0100

Hello everyone,
I would like to give a sincere thank you to the huge number of people
who replied to my museli question - I will be hungry no more!

Recipe 1
Several people mentioned the recipe in Bette Hagman's first book The
Gluten Free Gourmet. I think I've got this right, but please buy the
book:

         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

Recipe 2
3 cups of gf flake cereal (eg Ralston sunflakes)
3 cups gf puffed rice
1cup raisins
1 cup chopped dates
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup nutty rice (from health food shop)
Mix and store

Recipe 3
1 cup cereal (eg Basmati puffed rice) toasted if preferred
1/2 - 1 pound dried fruits eg dates, apricots, dried cranberries
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup sesame or sunflower seeds
1 cup almonds chopped or sliced
1 cup other nuts eg walnuts, pecans, peanuts
Mix and store in refrigerator.

Recipe 4
Brown rice and fruit. This needs cooking. Sounds great for cold winter
mornings.

1 1/2 cups dried fruits (apples, pears mixed fruits)
2/3 cups nuts(pecans, walnuts, almonds)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla liquid or powder
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups brown rice
5 cups or water (or replace one cup with fruit juice)
pinch salt
Cut up fruits or use food processor on coarse setting. Mix rest of
ingredients and put into greased crockpot or slow cooker.  Cook for 3
hours, stir and cool for 2 hours.  Rice should have absorbed liquid and
be soft but still chewy.  Divide into 6 plastic cups and stor for up to
2 weeks in refrigerator.  Heat a cup in microwave and serve with milk
and honey.  Can also be eaten cold.

Lots of other ideas came in too, other ingredients mentioned were puffed
millet, rice bran.  A final recipe was only for people who can eat oats:

Recipe 5
1lb oats
4 oz toasted hazelnuts
4 oz sunflower seeds
2 oz sesame seeds
2 to 4 oz raisins
3 to 4 oz butter
2 oz brown sugar
2-3 dessertspoons honey.

Heat butter, honey and sugar in large saucepan until melted and add
other ingredients. Stir.

Transfer to large baking tay in preheated oven, gas mk5, 190oC and cook
for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.Allow to cool and store in airtight
container, serve with milk, yoghurt or fruit.

Bon appetit a tous! and Many Thanks

Tony