From:
Johanna Luimes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 1999 07:39:49 -0400

Thank you so much to everyone who responded to my plea for help.  I
received over 50 responses!  You have all been so kind and *helpful*.  I
read each one of your replies carefully and learned so much.  I
forwarded many of your replies to my mother and she is very much
relieved to hear of others who were as sick as she is and have now
recovered.  She has tried many of the foods you have all suggested and
many are sitting well, thanks SO much.

Many of you let me know that it is unwise to go gf before any tests are
done, thanks for letting me know!  I had SO much info sent to me but I
don't want to write a book here (I probably could now :-D!).  It was
basically suggested that for now mother stick to a very plain diet until
her gut heals, mainly boiled vegetables, bananas, tea, cream of rice,
eggs, applesauce (once her diarea has cleared), quinoa if it sits well
with her, broth and Ensure between meals.  Many of you also recommended
that she take a vitamin supplement, especially B12 and folic acid.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to share your stories and
advice with me, I cannot tell you how much you have all helped.  I
myself was diagnosed with "Bowel Sensitivity Syndrome" around 6 years
ago (just after my first child was born) and although I am nowhere near
as sick as my mother is right now, I do have MANY of the symptoms of
celiac disease.  So, I will continue to follow this loop with great
interest.  Thanks again everyone :-)!

Blessings,
Johanna (in Ontario, Canada)