From:
"Janet L. Walbaum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 1999 00:35:00 EDT
In a message dated 6/15/99 8:40:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Small question with a large answer which  I am not particularly
 qualified to address, but since I am here I'll do my best.
 Anyone with strong sympathy with the animal rights movement
 would probably be offended by what I will write about, and I
 suggest that you probably should just hit delete and spare us both.

Kathleen,

I have a "strong sympathy with the animal rights movement," but your
lifestyle and those you spoke of do not offend me.  I was fascinated and
loved your very colorful account of the rituals and spiritual feelings of
those so in touch with the earth.  The people you speak of do not place dogs,
cats and other creatures of God in darkened pens to be poked and pried and
tormented to death.  When beautiful animals are hunted to make tacky little
key chains from their pelts and their carcasses tossed away, I feel the
animal rights activists must step in.  I believe the people you so eloquently
spoke of are living the way God intended us to live.  I would love to hear
more stories of their every day life.  Just please spare me the details of
the endless sunlight -- I got insomnia just picturing me trying to stuff a
pillow over my head.   Please continue with chapter two...

Janet