Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:58:07 -0500
One can't discount the fact that Europeans are given wine with meals at a
very young age and are accustomed to it.  Alcohol is not abused over there
as it is in the U.S.  They eat their fat but they are very mobile.  They
walk everywhere and most have upstairs homes.  We in America are a ranch
style people and will drive an automobile a short block or to the corner in
the interest of time and "hurry it up".  Lifestyle has to be taken into
consideration in this equation.......            Lurking Oliva   (who finds
herself delurking more and more)