Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:49:59 -0400
Heather & David Bradford wrote:
> 3.  Every time I have gone on a diet that cut back on my carbs I suffered
> terribly with very very low energy and an overall sick feeling.  Will that
> sort of thing happen on this diet?
It is very well possible that you are one of those people for whom
low carb just does not work. Yet I have seen quite a few make one or
more mistakes that would lead to poor results and consequently dropping
out of the diet. While the basic concepts are simple (don't eat many
carbs) there is much more to it and to doing it right. Basic books out
there (Atkins, Eades, Hellers, etc.) don't cover all that you need to
know about low carb. The best thing you can do is to find enough people
who are interested in it and talk to them. In the absence of friends
Internet (with its newsgroups and mailing lists) is pretty good. I was
lucky in that I had plenty of time to read books, articles, stay on
the Internet for hours at a time and eventually had plenty of friends
and aquaintances who went low carb. A combination of low carb and
paleo seems to be even better for me than basic low carb. The biggest
difference between them is cheese - if you are already doing low carb
and then drop dairy (basically cheese, cream, and butter) then you
are almost paleo.

Ilya