Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 23:31:31 -0400
Greg Butler wrote:
> I'd like to get him to try a paleo diet to see if he might improve.  I
> don't see how it could hurt.  The biggest problem is that he's quite
> stubborn, lives halfway across the country, and his meals are prepared
> for him by his wife.
>
> The way I see it aside from flying out to California and either moving
> in with him or kidnapping him to try to get him to try a change in diet,
> all I can do is appeal to both him and his wife by sharing my personal
> experiences and whatever information I've gained about diet.  If they
> don't go for it, I'm not sure what to do.
One of the hardest things out there is to watch somebody close to you
with a medical problem that you are pretty sure could be resolved with
the diet just refusing to listen and basically self destructing. I went
through this with two people. One of them is still getting worse. Another
one finally (after years of listening to me and berating me as a dietary
extremist) got onto a low carb diet and is getting better very fast.
I am still working on getting that person to change the diet to a paleo
version of low carb. I usually try to inform people about the diet a little
and tell them more only if they seem interested. The only exceptions are
those who a very close to me - with them I persist until they give it a
try.

Ilya