From:
Ryan Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 1999 13:58:18 -0400
I can answer some of your questions.

Re: Bacon

I, as well as many of us, eat 'uncured' bacon. (no preservatives)
It is absolutely delicious!
After you eat it for a while, cured bacon tastes bad.

Re: Cholesterol

When you get your copy of Neanderthin you'll find this out: Its a bit more
chemically complex than this but basically- High fats and red meat generally
only raise cholesterol in a high carb diet. With significantly reduced carbs,
cholesterol wont become a problem.

In the modern diet, cholesterol accumulates in the body two ways.
1- directly from the food we eat i.e. foods with high cholesterol in them

2- The Liver itself can produce about the same amount as in the food, in a high
   carb diet. The carbs break down into sugar, which the Pancreas converts to
   insulin. The Liver converts insulin into cholesterol.

By eating low or no carbs, you can easily reduce the cholesterol conversion
which will result in fatty foods not having much of an impact on the
cholesterol levels.

I hope this was informative

Ry