NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Suggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 15:52:42 -0800
I have a question about the coconut milk in this recipe.  My son is
allergic to milk, and when I gave him some ice cream made with coconut
milk it made his skin red where it touched.  This was over a year ago,
and I can't remember if he had hives too or not.  Anyway, I was wondering
if anyone knew if there could be any cross-contamination issues with
canned coconut milk.  I bought a real coconut and that milk was fine with
him.  The cans of coconut milk I have seen at the store are from foreign
countries and don't list "ingredients".  It was very mysterious to me.
Maybe it was the cold from the ice cream he was reacting to?  Any ideas??

Laurie