NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Shepard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:24:03 -0500
There is SOYMAGE VEGAN that isn't too bad.  It comes in a chunk not slices.  I use
a carrot peeler to "slice" it.  It doesn't melt all that well but the taste is
OK.  Still, if you grill it on bread VERY SLOWLY it gets soft           .  Some of
the other brands are pretty bad.

Also received this message from Tofutti Brands back in March 2000.

   "Your wait is now over.  Starting next month, the company will begin
selling non-dairy cheese slices.  We already use this cheese for the toppings
on our Pizza Pizzaz and Pizza Bagel.  If you do not see it in your store by
mid-April, please send me another message with your location."

So hope to see this soon!  I think their Better Than Cream Cheese is
indistinguishable from the real thing.  Of course I haven't had the "real thing"
in several years.  But it's GOOD!  Here's their URL:

http://www.tofutti.com/

Cheers!

Kathy
aka smiley