CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 03:24:41 -0700
At 10:17 PM -0800 4/4/02, trust5235 wrote:

>Yes, didn't mean to imply that equating "jew" with "zionist" was the right
>way to go, and I don't think it is, just that it's commonly done, especially
>in the U.S.  Since that's the case I can understand Palestinian concerns and
>don't see them as necessarily based on religion.  I think the whole
>situation of mistrust by Arabs of Jews in the Middle East could be improved
>if MORE attention was paid to the distinction between 'Jew' and 'Zionist'.
>To me, one is religious while the other is political.  So rejection of the
>first by arabs is abhorrent, but objection to the other, on
>political/security grounds, not religious grounds, at least requires a
>second look.

I suppose you are right. All Zionists would have to be regarded as dangerous zealots who would be an internal threat. Mind you, the same applies to those who want an Islamic state. But these assorted maniacs have to live somewhere don't they?

Thanks for the kind words too. Its always good when someone says they actually like to hear my opinions.  ;-)

Bill Bartlett
Bracknell Tas