CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Pugliese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 23:24:01 -0500
CHOMSKY:

Heh, looks like the Right-Wing Intelligentsia is reading their Gramsci
these days. Find a paper on the internet by Charlie Bertsch on this.

The John Birch Society had Gramsci on the cover of their magazine back in
the summer of '99. Likwise, the Christian Right organization, run by Paul
Weyrich (who opriginated the term "Moral Majority" has inveighed against
"Cultural Marxism" for year as does The Spotlight and Pat Buchanan. A good
place to start is the work of sociologist, James Davidson , on the
Kulturwars. More later, from me on this...

Michael Pugliese