CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Issodhos @aol.com" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 12:25:56 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

> I would say answer the questions.  The short and long forms are shorter
>  than they've ever been.

  What makes you think this, and what do the number of questions have to do
with their invasiveness?

>  It will benefit the local and national economies.

  In what way, and where is it stated that such benefits are the purpose of
the census?

>  It will help with emergency and other services in your community that we
>  take for granted.

    Emergency and other services are already paid for by us.  What does the
census have to do with providing anything other than constitutionally
mandated political representation?

>  You won't have anything to complain about and you won't be blaming poor
>  people for all of the troubles that they're having.

   Is complaint bad, when have I blamed "poor" people,  who are you defining
as "poor" people, what does that have to do with the purpose of the census,
and what are you talking about?