CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Korber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 22:10:35 EDT
In a message dated 6/3/99 7:12:55 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<Has anyone read _Deterring Democracy_?
It is much better than Necesarry Illusions although
there is not really any need to compare them...
does anyone know anything about how widespread
reading of Noam Chomsky's books is?  It seems
like his books are some of the most important
(recent) ones around, to me...>>

Haven't read it. As for his books, I often see them in bookstores, mainstream
bookstores and offbeat stores.

Why don't you do a little review of that book for the list.

I bought and AK press cd of a speech he made at MIT, "Class War." I found it
to be very good even though I never thought of him as a great speaker. He had
a lot to say in an hour's time. In particular, one thing he described was how
the labor movement was taken apart in the US after WWII, how a very energetic
propaganda campaign demonized unions. He's amusng in spots as well.

johnk