AXSLIB-L Archives

AXSLIB-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lesley Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 11:23:51 +1000
This isn't perfect yet, but we're getting closer each day!. Though you
might like to take a look

Lesley

>Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 14:54:47 +1000
>To: [log in to unmask]
>From: Spider Redgold <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: New text site for Visually Impaired
>
>Greetings,
>
>Griffith University has developed a text only site to allow those who use
>screen to voice readers to access materials that appear on the web through
>frames and complex graphic interfaces.
>

>We have not publicly launched this yet but are requesting you visit and try
>it out.
>
>We welcome your feedback.
>
>We convert the navigation frames and content frames to produce a text only
>version that is current with the frames and graphics version. It can be
>accessed through any web browser or through PC Lynx.
>

>There are more than 25,000 pages on our site and more than 100 people
>create and publish pages. Our conversion process relies on a naming
>convention and the use of a specified navigation logic.
>

>The text site can be visited at http://www.gu.edu.au/text/home.html
>

>Thank you for your time.
>Regards
>Spider Redgold

>Manager, Enterprise Information & IntRnet Services
>Information Technology Services
>Griffith University
>Brisbane Australia 4111
>Phone: 61 7 3875 3732
>Fax:   61 7 3875 5314
>http://www.gu.edu.au/

Lesley Day                              Phone:  (+61) 07 3875 6612
Library Systems Assistant               Fax:    (+61) 07 3875 5314
Griffith University                     Email:  [log in to unmask]
Queensland    4111    Australia