AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 15:35:39 -0600
Dear AAM Members:

Lest silence be construed as agreement, this message is posted
reluctantly in consideration of not cluttering you email boxes.  Simply
put, Mr. Harwell has never been banned from the AAM, LUChA, or CU
lists.

As President Brewoo indicated, Mr. Harwell is subscribed to the AAM
List; this means he receives and is able to post messages freely through
the List.  Attached is a report from the list server dated Today, which
verifies Mr. Harwell's subscriptions to both the AAM and the LUChA email
Lists.

Attached also is my response to Mr. Harwell's accusation dated October
4, 2001;  his allegations are simply unfounded.

Respectfully yours,

Peter Munoz

>>> "L-Soft list server at St. John's University (1.8d)"
<[log in to unmask]> 01/02/02 11:54AM >>>
> scan aam *cond*@*
Nathaniel Harwell <[log in to unmask]>
SCAN: One match.

> scan lucha *cond*@*
Nathaniel Harwell <[log in to unmask]>
SCAN: One match.

> end
Remaining commands ignored.

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/04/01 11:10AM >>>
Dear Nathaniel:

Your allegation is simply not true.  Your ability, and that of the
other
member of these lists, to freely post messages is evident.

While the Mayor is not subscribed to these lists, she is very
interested
on important issues that are discussed in this forum.  She is committed
effect positive change on issues which impact on our communities if it
is
in her power to do so.  The fact that she is interested and concerned
about these issues should be worthy of our praise;  she certainly has
mine
regardless of my employment status.

Respectfully,

Peter Munoz

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/04/01 09:41AM >>>
Mayor Bauman, through Peter Munoz, controls and monitors the following

list
servers:
1.      The African list server ([log in to unmask]), and
2.      The Latino list server ([log in to unmask]), and
3.      The "community" list server ([log in to unmask]).

This means that the mayor knows who is on each list server and what is
being said.  I knew that the mayor would restrict the list servers
when
list servers criticized her. So, I offered to teach others how to setup

and
run their own list server because groups and the community should have

full
and complete control of their own list server.

Now, the mayor's plan is to return to the @maelstrom.stjohns.edu list
servers to communications favorable to her interests and other
government
interests.  While the @yahoogroup list server will have only a few
vocal
members.

The purpose of the two list servers is to ensure that the mayor and
other
government bodies can say what they wish and not be challenged/held
accountable. That is the mayor will send her "message" to a full list
on
the @maelstrom.stjohns.edu list servers; while the response and
discussion
will go to a few people on the @yahoogroup list server.

Nathaniel Harwell, a.k.a. NWA

>>> [log in to unmask] 12/30/01 07:22PM >>>
Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is interesting?????

Nathaniel, I still have you as a subscriber to AAM mailing list. Infact
have two email addresses referring to your name. I am not aware of the
Mayor's control over our mailing list.

Yes Peter Munoz has been on the administration of the AAM list because
he is
one of the initiators of the list and he has been helping with its
upkeep,
but he does not have the mandate to remove names from the list unless
requested. Any such action is forwarded to other members of the
administration.

Please, if any one has a problem with the mailing list, do send me a
personal mail at my hotmail address ([log in to unmask]) and it will
be
looked into.

The mailing list is for all those who have interest in the activities
of AAM
and Africa in general.

Stay tuned for AAM 2002 programs. We need everybody on board.

Thank you and have a Happy and Prosperous NEW YEAR.

Joe Brewoo
Incoming President '02
AAM Inc.