AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mensah Lassey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 12:06:17 -0600
Freedom of speech should preclude political correctness. Let's not limit
ourselves to what can and cannot be said about our homeland. Our
sensitivities sometimes have to be assailed to get us thinking, and whether
an article is thought-provoking or not is highly relative.

I do not accept the "chaff" argument in its entirety as an excuse for our
under-development. Yes, slave trade deprived us of the requisite manpower,
however, it did not deprive us of our intellect, our determination, and our
ability to rebound from that despicable historic chapter. We are very
capable of rising above the ashes of slave trade. It will be naive of
course, not to admit that some degree of western subversion has hampered
our development. Let the truth be told, have not most of our politicians
let us down??