Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 20:33:10 EDT

Well, Once again I am more confused than before I asked the question. I
received several responses-Half of them use the bread and love it with no
reactions. The other half said they wouldn't TOUCH it! Some people said they
were curious about the exact same thing-whether or not the wheat starch is
safe or not. I can't believe something would be considered safe in one
country and not the US. Is the US too strict on what is allowable for the
celiac diet? It just seems to me that other countries are much more informed
about it than we are here in the US. It is very frustrating. Especially to
think we may be missing out on good foods that we can eat that aren't harmful
to us like wheat starch or Oats. I guess this is just something each person
has to decide for himself.

Good Luck,
Wendy