Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 14 Aug 1999 09:39:37 -0700
From:
Tracy Donnelly <[log in to unmask]>

Many thanks to all the wonderful people who responded to my food budget
question. It would seem that all 50 posts- agree that food and $$ was a real
concern. Although everyone agrees that we must do this for our over all
health; most agree they feel that they do spend more on food. A number of
people pointed out that by eating healthy- they have seen a reduced cost in
medical care. One person mentioned that now that her children are on the
diet, they are healther than most children she knows. I agree- I myself am
rarely sick( unless I get gluten when eating out). A group of people who
wrote have said that they are having money troubles without including gf
foods- and that they feel very overwhelmed. Often unable to purchase basic
staples - let alone gf items ( and far from any thing extra). My heart goes
out to you. Maybe we can all talk about some little inexpensive shorts cuts
- we can all try. Mnay said they grind their own flour- others said they buy
bulk.  Everyone said that families without cd- go out far more than us, and
they often do not add this to their total. Most said it is useless to
compare non-cd- to cd grocery bills. Instead cd to cd families. But what is
see now from this question is that there is a huge range here too. Some of
the people said they do not buy any extras at all. Some said they do not
even eat bread  or rice flour products on a regular basis. I guess what I am
trying to say is; there are two schools of thought- one is save $$ by only
eating basics- and that they feel they do not need any of the extras( pasta-
bread- cookies ect). The other says that they will eat all the extras and do
not want to feel deprived of anything. So your food bill would depend  on
what school of thought you agree with( and of course there is always the
middle ground). A few pointed out that if we had another disease- we would
be paying the cost of medicine as well as food. So all in all- a little more
in the grocery store is ok, for a long full life of health. Thanks again to
all. Tracy Donnelly