From:
Lisa Hojnacki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 16:02:39 EDT

Hi all-

I'd like to thank everyone that responded to my post,  many of your responses
we're extremely helpful.  I apologize for how long it has taken me to
summarize but my computer has been down.

I suppose there really isn't that much to summarize.  I'll make it short and
sweet.  Many people wrote who also experienced mood disturbances when not on
a gluten free diet.  Some side effects people noticed we're depression,
lethargy, a foggy head, anger and frustration.  Many said that most of these
symptoms trailed off after being gluten free.  I guess it was just helpful to
know that I wasn't going crazy.

Also, concerning the second part of my post regarding healing time.  The
advice I received was to have patience, everyone heals at their own pace.
The overall consensus seemed to be that it takes six months to two years to
really feel healed.  Others also mentioned that other foods that we're in
fact gluten free we're hard to digest at first.  Some had developed food
allergies but many said that with time and healing these too began to
dissipate.

Thanks again for the support.  I couldn't possibly respond to everyone that
wrote me but I would like to thank you for writing, it helped put my mind at
ease.

Thanks again-- be well

Lili