From:
Tracey Wolfskill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:07:06 -0400

Thanks for all the responses.  I think I replied to everyone, but we went
out-of-town shortly after I posted, so I may have missed someone.  Sorry if
I missed you.

I had a couple of people tell me to use the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce,
toast) diet and no medicines.  Also try pedialyte (but not sports drinks),
stale coke or chamomile tea.

One suggested to firm up soft stools to use TriViSol vitamins with iron.

One said that PeptoBismol products are GF, but she wasn't sure about the
children's Pepto products.

A couple suggested Immodium chewables.  I called McNeil again and the
chewables are NOT on their GF list--only the caplets.

One suggested ARS ALB 30C for a stomach virus or VETRATRUM ALB 30C for a
celiac reaction.  These are available at health food stores.  The pills are
small enough even for a child.

One said that Kaopectate has a children's line, but didn't know if they are
GF.

One suggested crushing the Immodium AD caplet and sprinkling it over
applesauce or rice.

Another suggested dissolving the caplet in a small amount of water.

I did call the dr's office back and we agreed that I could crush a 1/2
caplet for Kevin, but, of course, by then he was much better and really
didn't need it.

Tracey Wolfskill
mom of Kevin 2yo w/Celiac and Brian 6yo w/o Celiac
Fort Worth, TX, USA