From:
"Gustav H. Haak" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 15:05:16 -0400

Metamucil and Citrucel Summary of Responses
Thank you to everyone that responded to my question on Metamucil and
Citrucel. Here is a summary of the responses, which follows a repeat of
the question.

Question:
I would appreciate any comments on the use of Metamucil and Citrucel by
Celiacs. Are they acceptable and do you have any comments about how
effective they are for improving regularity and any reactions that may
occur? Can you recommend any other products to add fiber to the diet?
Thanks very much for your help.

1 Metamucil no, Citrucel yes
2 Both are standard items for celiacs and are helpful for constipation
     and diarrhea
4 Metamucil is gf and good.
1 Prune juice works better for me
1 use the Original Texture Metamucil (don't use brand with malted
     dextrin)
1 Citrucel works well for me when I get some symptoms
3 Citrucel mfg. says no gluten added, but can not guarantee process
1 Don't take any products with extra ingredients dyes, etc.
3 Use plain psyllium husks
1 For constipation Read book "Protein Power" by Michael & Mary Eades, MDs
2 Konsyl is good (free of dyes, sugars, and flavors)
1 Eat fruit
1 Take Perdiem (yellow container)
1 Use powdered psyllium from health stores (cheap and no extra
     ingredients)
1 use Colon Cleanese, it's cheaper and only has psyllium husks
1 They give the runs