From:
Jerry Baber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:12:26 -0700

Dear Listmates (especially female ones!!):

I recently became a Mary Kay consultant after using the product for
years (and loving it) and after having a VERY difficult time with
various cosmetic companies determining the gluten status of their
products.  I have tried to research as thoroughly as possible the
ingredients of all Mary Kay products and have worked with their medical
relations department.  They have actually assigned one of their
employees to keep on top of this for us!!!

Anyway, I thought I would share my research for anyone who might be
using Mary Kay products or who might like to.  The following products
are NOT gluten free:

Revitalizing Mask, Formula 2
Daily Protection Moisturizer with SPF 15
Maximum Moisture Masking Cleanser, Formula 1  (fairly new product)
Balanced Respponse Masking Cleanser, Formula 2 (        "       )
Instant Action Eye Cream (I use the Indulge Soothing Eye Mask as an eye
moisturizer     substitute.)
Advanced Moisture Renewal Treatment Cream
Full Coverage and Neutralizing Concealers (all colors)
Conditioning, Endless Performance and Flawless Mascara's
Intensity Controller Lipstick
Eyesickles Creme-to-Powder Eye Colors (new)
Salon Direct Long-Wearing Nail Enamel (all colors)
Visible-Action Skin Revealing Lotion
Terme d'Isola Hydrating Body Lotion
Night Solution (the second part of a new "Day and Night" Solution
System)

Two new products coming out for Fall:  Semi-Matte lipsticks and Lip
Lacquers - are gluten free.

Because I have to (I have pretty bad reactions to gluten cosmetics), I
will keep on top of any changes to this list.  Please feel free to
contact me if you have questions.  If anyone out there would like a Mary
Kay consultant - I do ship free in the US, and will ship outside the US
for a fee.  E-mail me for a catalog!!  If you already have a consultant,
I do not want to take any business away from her, however!!

Carol Baber
Dallas, TX