From:
Cecilia Vohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:34:29 -0700

Hey, Listmates!

Good news!  I found an egg-free, canola oil-free and gluten-free bottled
mayonnaise at my local health food store here in Reno, Nevada.  It's called
Vegenaise, made from grapeseed oil.  It listed brown rice syrup as one of
the ingredients, so I called and spoke to Bob.  He was well aware of celiac
sprue and assured me the manufacturer made sure there was no gluten in any
of the ingredients; the brown rice syrup was NOT made with a barley enzyme,
and neither was the soy protein.  I'm sorry, soy intolerant people, but it
contains soy! :(   It's made by Earth Island.  Their phone number is
1-818-347-9946.

I've heard from others that it tastes really good, so you'll have to excuse
me, I have to run down to the store and get me some!  Call your local health
food stores and get them to stock it!

Cecilia Vohl