Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:34:50 -0700

For those you who are in search of the gluten free beer grail I found an
interesting site: http://www.scrafford.com/beer/gfb.html

The following was clipped from the website. -vance

Even though legends of an over-the-counter, gluten-free beer are as
persistent as the one about Millard Fillmore's bathtub, I do not hesitate to
make this assertion:

   There is no commercially available, gluten free beer
   None made from gluten-free ingredients
   None processed in such a way as to remove the water-soluble hordein
      polypeptides that are toxic to celiacs

   Until that day when there is a commercially available, gluten-free beer, I
   can start you on the road to understanding why I believe there is no
   generally available, gluten free beer.  To see what I have looked at thus
   far, take a tour of these Sapporo and Negra Modelo links, as well as the
   mounting number of "Others", via the links below; all have at one time or
   another been rumored to be free of gluten...