From:
Jutta Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Feb 1999 11:35:54 -0800

Hello All,

you are the most wonderful group of people one can wish to know when in
trouble.
Emphatic, sensitive, knowledgeable, truthful, I was moved to tears with
some of your answers. I got about 80 or 90 e-mails. And here is the
summary:
(I get all those weird feelings and reactions, from depression to
explosiveness, hyper and irritable and some other goodies, when
ingesting gluten.)

Pretty much all thought I have Leaky Gut Syndrome.
To stop a reaction take: Vetratum alb 30 C, 2 pills under the tongue,
stops the reaction.  Or neanderthin.

Watch out for dairy products( and of course gluten) - they make
aggressive, irritable and hyper; headaches, stomach aches,
Watch out for vaso-active amines dilate/constrict blood vessels (someone
listed recently all on this list)
Fuzzy brain, agitated, irritable, hyper could be an opiate effect from
the gluten molecules affecting the brain.
Tired, washed-out feeling comes from hypoglycemia, after gluten
ingestion. Many people said this, and it is extremely perceptive. I have
a lab diagnosed reactive hypoglycemia to extreme low values under 40 mg.

2 advised me to find professional help in form of a therapist. 88
advised me to change my diet and take an anti-depressant like Paxil,
Prozac or St. John's Wort. It helped them.

All told me I describe them, or close family members. Many suffer in
silence and lonely. Everything makes sense now. I am not an incorrigibly
flawed disgrace of the human race, but had some gluten when going nuts.
Are we a cornerstone in clinical research? We show all those symptoms
that are attributed to mental or emotional problems, which are just food
related. As one person said: she wonders how many youth are in detention
for what they eat.

I am still having problems right now, I suspect through the grain
pellets for my horse I ingest airborne gluten. I also ate vaso-active
amines, will stop immediately. I stopped dairy cold turkey and feel
already tons better. Actually, come to think of it, what's left to eat?

thanks to the greatest bunch of people around

Jutta (speak Yutta)