From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 21:29:46 -0600

Dear Listmates,

I was biopsy diagnosed about a year ago, and my 31 year old daughter is
considering a biopsy because she had the blood tests, and they showed
her Gliadin IGG antibody at 16.4.  The reference range is <7 on the lab
report from SmithKline Beecham Clinical Labs.  The Gliadin IGA is <3,
and range is <3.  Endomysial IGA antibodies show "none detected."

I have tried to understand about the sensitivity and specificity
descriptions, and am sorry to say, I really am at a loss here.  My GI
(in Texas) looked at her report and recommended a biopsy for her.  She
lives in the SFO metropolitan area and has specific insurance
requirements to stay within.  Most of the doctors in her plan are in the
city, but she lives in Mill Valley.

If you can recommend a doctor in that area, SFO, or Marin County, will
you please let me know?  She has no symptoms, but has really cut down on
the offending grains.  I have warned her about going GF before a
biopsy.  Not a good idea.  How much is enough to be considered a gluten
challenge?

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thank you.
Anne in Texas