From:
Chris Fincham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 May 1997 17:33:18 -0400
At 03:42 PM 5/19/97 -0400, you wrote:
>RCMP swat teams, huh?  Sounds like fun.  I guess Canada is just as
>backwards as the US is about that, huh?

Most assuredly!

>Now that you mention it, sterilized seeds sounds familiar.  In fact, I
>thought they used it in bird seed.  Wouldn't the oil still be psychoactive
>though?  (This discussion is purely academic for me anyway, as my company
>has a drug-testing policy, I'm just curious).

The oil remains psychoactive, but the strains of cannabis used for legal
hemp have very low concentrations of the active ingredient, THC - so low, in
fact, that no effects are noticeable.  (Before WWII, hemp was one of
Canada's major cash crops - it still grows wild in many areas.  Yup, I
tripped over some of the "feral" strain when I moved to Ontario & being an
old hippie, just had to try it.  All I got for my efforts was a headache.)

Chris