NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 1999 08:06:18 -0400
There is a brand of ice cream called Lacteeze which has no lactose in it. I did not have any reaction when I ate it. I'm severely LI and have a mild allergy to whey proteins (that is what I suspect -- I've self-diagnosed). We can get Lacteeze at food stores where I live in Toronto. The same company sells lactose reduced milk. Although I've never really checked, I always thought it was a US-based company. I have not checked what other ingredients it may contain. I'm on vacation about 1000 miles from Toronto and the local stores here don't carry it (small community by the ocean). So I can't run out and get it and report the ingredients <g>.

Don Marcotte