VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 14:55:19 -700

My favorite health info source, Dr. Dean Edell, says that Beta
carotine is only one of many carotine compounds that occurr in
real fruits and vegetables.  The more that's learned about
vitamin pills and other untested health suplements, the more we
find out that they either don't work or are harmfull.  Not all of
course, but lots.

Most professionals feel that only trained physicians,
ophthalmologists in the case of eye care, should be prescribing
any medicines or suplements at all.  Optometrists do not have the
training to deal with the complexities of interactions and side
effects.  Check with your doc and your pharmacist before taking
anything at all.

If the editor of a magazine can be considered as a source of
health info, then I think a rehab engineer who works with a
bucket full of ophthalmologists isn't far off the mark either.

Opinion ends <G>
Tom Fowle

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered